Cleaning In bars and Restaurants is an element that should always be a priority in any bar or restaurant. cleaning conveys confidence, and a good image and provides comfort to our customers and workers. In addition, the Department of Health requires minimum hygiene requirements for the opening of any food establishment. And is that at the beginning of a gastronomic business it is normal that you may have doubts about how to clean a bar or a restaurant. Note the following aspects you should know about cleaning your premises.
- How to clean and sanitize a restaurant properly?
- Hospitality cleaning and disinfection plan
- What do we clean/disinfect?
- How do we clean/disinfect?
- When do we clean/disinfect?
- Who cleans/disinfects?
- Tips and good practices for cleaning in restaurants
- Cleaning tips for bars and restaurants
- How to clean stainless steel?
- How to clean the industrial oven?
- How to clean the dishwasher?
How to clean and sanitize a restaurant properly?
To clean a restaurant, we must follow the guidelines established by the cleaning and disinfection plan in the hospitality industry. In it, the bases and the cleaning procedure of our establishment must be marked.
Hospitality cleaning and disinfection plan
The cleaning and disinfection plan must be recorded in writing so that any worker can consult it in case of doubt. This cleaning plan for bars or restaurants must answer the following questions:
What do we clean/disinfect?
- Work surfaces (kitchens, tables…)
- Smoke extractors
- Refrigerators and freezers
- Dining room
How do we clean/disinfect?
- Choosing the right cleaning products
- Determine the schedules and be able to be that there are no clients left on the premises
- Follow a cleaning protocol (correct dose, comply with security measures…)
When do we clean/disinfect?
We must establish a frequency and set times to carry out the cleaning and disinfection of the different elements. The frequency of cleaning and disinfection will vary depending on what we need to clean and also the methods.
For example, we should clean the utensils used for cooking after each use, but electrical appliances such as the refrigerator or the oven would be enough to clean thoroughly once a week if they are not excessively dirty. In addition, the procedure for washing kitchen utensils will not be the same as for refrigerators or freezers.
A good alternative to optimize time and resources may be to rely on a restaurant cleaning schedule.
Determine a person responsible for the cleaning execution and the person in charge of supervision, who will control the task. This person in charge may count on the help of a colleague if necessary.
You can also leave this task to an external company, who can even carry out these functions outside of business hours and who will clean as often as you need.
Tips and good practices for cleaning bars and restaurants
If you have not yet set cleaning standards in your restaurant, you can follow the following tips that will help you have your premises cleaner in a more optimal way:
- Clean and disinfect the kitchen and the living room, if possible at the end of the food service.
- Try various cleaning methods until you find the most effective in your particular case.
- Always use disinfectant after cleaning to prevent the spread of bacteria or germs. There are different types of disinfection methods in the kitchen, so you should choose the one that best suits your business.
- Let surfaces air dry to avoid moisture.
- Also clean the rubbish bins with some frequency, since dirt can escape from the bag.
- Appliances will always allow you to save time and resources on cleaning. For example, use the dishwasher to wash dishes and glasses instead of washing them by hand.
Tips for cleaning bars and restaurants
How to clean stainless steel?
Kitchens are commonly made of stainless steel. To be able to clean this material, we recommend the following alternatives:
- Vaseline liquid: Provides excellent results, as well as prevents surface rust.
- Bicarbonate: Baking soda leaves stainless steel shiny and easily removes the “brassy” appearance of all these elements that are used daily in our kitchens. It should be applied with a damp sponge.
- Rinse with water after applying a few drops of lemon essence. The acid in this citrus will lift the embedded grease from the steel.
- Vinegar: As always, we cannot forget vinegar. This element commonly used in cleaning tasks is very effective in cleaning stainless steel.
How to clean the industrial oven?
To clean the inside of the oven, you have specialized products to remove dirt on this surface. But if you want, fill a spray bottle with water and add about four tablespoons of baking soda. Apply several throughout the cold oven and let the solution sit for an hour. You can repeat the process if you can’t remove all the dirt on the first try.
If you want to clean only the racks that get dirty on a daily basis, soak them in hot, soapy water.
How to clean the dishwasher?
To clean the dishwasher, we have a multitude of special products on the market to reduce all the dirt that may remain inside this appliance. If you don’t want to use these products, you can also choose to add half a glass of vinegar to the dishwasher tray and run a full wash cycle with the dishwasher empty. The result will surprise you.
At SCS Group Integrated Services we are always focused on delivering the best professional cleaning solutions and strategies to achieve the success of your business.