Get a best Band Score in IELTS
Ok, so if you are preparing IELTS to study abroad, then you also want to get highest band score which will help you in admission in the top University of abroad. In this blog, you will read how to get best IELTS band score. I am listing the tips to follow before exams and during the exams.
Guidelines to score high in IELTS Exam
IELTS Listening Exam
Before the Listening exam:
- Listen to radio programs, news and lectures; watch movies and videos online in English.
- Familiarize yourself with each type of test question, such as multiple choices, matching, and labeling.
During the Listening exam:
- Listen carefully to the audio instructions before each section. These instructions are not published in the test booklet.
- Read the instructions in the test book carefully to see how many words you need to write on the answer sheet. If you write more words than required, you will lose grades.
- Read the questions before listening. You will be given 30 to 60 seconds to read the questions and instructions.
- Put the question under the key words. However, listen to synonyms and paraphrases as well.
- Imagine the situation and try to predict the answer.
- Pay special attention to the negative (no, never, no one, no one, hardly, hardly, rarely, etc.)
- Check your answers within 30 seconds after each section.
- Within 10 minutes, transfer the answers from the test booklet to the answer sheet.
- Make sure you have transferred all the answers to the answer sheet. Even if you don’t know the answer, don’t leave blank spaces; make your best guess
- Make sure you use the correct grammatical form and spelling of the word (s) in your answer.
IELTS Reading Exam
Before the Reading exam:
- Read newspapers, magazines, magazines and books in English. Mark or underline less common words as you read.
- Practice understanding the meaning of an unknown word from context. If you still do not understand the meaning of this word, check it in the dictionary.
- Stay up to date with the news. The topics in the reading passages are often relevant to current issues.
- Get acquainted with each type of academic or general reading test questions.
- Practice reading within the time frame, you need to be able to read quickly to be able to read all three passages and answer 40 questions in 60 minutes.
- Practice reading techniques such as skimming, scanning, and intensive reading.
During the Reading exam:
- Read the instructions carefully during the test, as they may differ slightly from the instructions you became familiar with during the test.
- Write down the basic information and / or write it down in the reading passages of the test booklet.
- Divide your time wisely: if you spend more than a minute answering a question and still don’t have an answer, leave it and move on to the next question. If you have little time left after answering the remaining questions, you can return to the question.
- Make sure you have transferred all the answers to the answer sheet. Even if you don’t know the answer, don’t leave blank spaces; accept your best guess.
IELTS Writing Exam
Before the Writing exam:
- If you plan to take the Academic IELTS module, search the internet for a graphic / chart / chart description (answers to the Writing Task 1 model) and analyze them from the point of view of organizing ideas and a dictionary.
- If you plan to take the IELTS module, search the Internet for sample letters (sample answers for Writing Task 1) and analyze them in terms of organizing ideas and dictionary resources.
- Find sample IELTS essays online and analyze them according to assignment, essay structure, coordination, vocabulary, and sentence diversity.
During the Writing exam:
- Analyze each task carefully and even write down the key words.
- Do not use task words in your writing; use your own words and sentence structure.
If you wish to obtain the IELTS Academic Training:
- Make sure you understand the “essay question”. Are you asked to think, compare, or contrast, discuss reasons and / or results, or suggest a solution to a problem?
- Try to limit your essay to 350 words. Your priority should be quality, not quantity.
- Keep track of time. Allow about 3 minutes to review the written assignment and at least 5 minutes to review the essay.
If you wish to obtain the IELTS General Training:
- Don’t start writing a letter or essay without first planning.
- Write at least 150 words, but try to limit your writing to 200 words in Writing Task 1.
- Keep track of time. Allow about 3 minutes to review written assignment 1 and at least 5 minutes to review written assignment 2.
- Write at least 250 words, but try to limit your essay to 350 words in Writing Task 2.
IELTS Speaking Exam
Before the Speaking exam:
- Practice speaking as much as possible.
- Read books, watch cinema and TV, and listen to the radio, if possible in English. As you read, watch, or listen, think about why you like it or hate it.
- Talk to other students in English before entering the exam room. It will assist you to change to English more effortlessly.
During the Speaking exam:
- Stay calm, if you are calm, you can offer better performance.
- Speak as much as you can; give broad answers.
- Don’t think about grammar or vocabulary. Pay close attention to answering questions.
- If you make any to mistake, try correcting yourself as early as possible.
- Ask the examiner to explain or repeat the question if you do not understand something.
- Pay attention to your body language; do not overuse gestures.
- Look at the topic.
- Since the exam is a formal situation, use neutral or semi-formal language.
Practice for any test is a constant procedure that needs time and exertion. As a result, you can join IELTS coaching in Lucknow. Coaching will help you in getting good marks. Every observe exam you obtain, every listening, reading and writing exams you do, and every speaking preparation you do will enhance your language abilities and also enhance your self-confidence during the test. Consult with a free study abroad consultants to enhance your skills.
Also, read World Ranking of Medical Universities for MBBS in China