Anyone familiar with the basics of how to maintain a refrigerator will tell you that keeping it closed is one of the most important things you can do. Ensuring the same keeps your food and beverages fresh and extends the life of your Samsung fridge. Anyone with a child at home would know that sometimes children have to be told not to play with the door of the fridge. If you face a similar problem, you’ve come to the right place. Here’s a guide to how to put a lock on a Samsung refrigerator in three simple and easy steps.
- Buy a fridge lock (these usually come with powerful adhesives).
- Identify a spot on your fridge where the lock would fit best.
- Refer to the manual of the lock for installation instructions.
Here are some options you can look at to lock your Samsung refrigerator:
Inbuilt Child Lock feature
Keeping your fridge door closed is necessary if you have a child at home. Children, especially younger ones, are fascinated by refrigerators and how their light pops on each door opening. It would also interest you to know that some Samsung refrigerator models have an inbuilt Child Lock feature.
- Prevents accidental setting changes on the refrigerator’s control panel.
- Press the main button for three seconds to activate the Child Lock feature.
- Once your work is done, press the button for three seconds again, and the Child Lock feature will be deactivated.
- The Child Lock feature ensures that the various buttons on your Samsung fridge are temporarily disabled.
- The water and ice dispenser also does not work when the Child Lock feature is activated.
GUSTAVE Safety Door Locks
- Can be used to lock a refrigerator conveniently.
- Made of durable stainless steel.
- Comes with a super-strong adhesive.
- Baby-proof and pet-proof.
- Easy to install.
Jool Baby Child Safety Strap Locks
- Uses adjustable straps to child-proof fridges.
- Simple and tool-free installation.
- Uses strong 3M adhesives to secure your fridge.
- It can be adjusted from 3 inches to 7 inches.
- It will fit almost any size of appliance and furniture.
- Includes a 10-year manufacturer’s warranty
Amazara Child Safety Locks
- Dual-button, smart-release operation.
- Easy to peel owing to premium 3M double-sided tape.
- Strong and secure adhesion to any surface type.
- Doesn’t damage the fridge door finish.
- Stylish design and white color that blends easily with your Samsung fridge.
- Can be installed in seconds.
- Flexible length options and unbreakable straps.
STHIRA Child Safety Locks
- Window/door restrictor security password lock made of ABS material.
- Simple and easy to install.
- The multi-purpose device can be used for several appliances.
Locking the fridge door is not enough
Keeping the door of your fridge locked is not enough. There are many other ways to maintain your refrigerator and extend its life. Here are some tips on how to maintain your fridge:
- Call a technician once every six months to clean the coils located either at the bottom of the back of your Samsung fridge.
- The door seal (gasket) is critical to the cooling operation of your fridge. You must check at least once every month for any part of the gasket coming off.
- Storing your food in the right manner also goes a long way in extending the life of your fridge. Make sure to keep your food in containers with fitted tops or cover them with foil or plastic wrap.
- When placing any container inside the fridge, make sure that you are not covering any vents. This may disrupt the flow of air inside the refrigerator and affect the freshness of your fruits, vegetables, and perishable items.
- One of the most important tips on maintaining a fridge is to make sure that you clean it regularly.
Don’t forget to use the Bajaj Finserv EMI Network Card to shop for the best Samsung fridges.
You can also get the best fridge price on No Cost EMI at the Bajaj Mall.
The practical way of purchasing the best fridges in India
The Bajaj Mall is the ultimate shopping platform for all kinds of online purchases. New and registered EMI Network Card users can buy the best fridge on EMI in India. The EMI Network Card is a unique digital card that offers a pre-approved loan limit of up to Rs. 4 lakh and enables you to purchase your preferred product without the compulsion of clearing the total product price at once.
Also check about – Should I Get A Roof Lantern?